TD Tele-Doc Weight Loss prescribes a variety of medications including Wegovy, Ozempic, and compounded injectable Semaglutide, which can significantly reduce cost.
Timothy Garvey, M.D., co-author of a study published in JAMA (Feb 2022), and Butterworth Professor of Medicine in the Department of Nutrition Sciences. “We have not seen this degree of weight loss with any previous medication.”
Semaglutide is a Glucagon-like peptide (GLP-1) and can help you to lose weight in two ways:
- Slows gastric emptying – you’ll feel satisfied with smaller amounts of food, which helps you eat less and create a calorie deficit that can lead to weight loss.
- Helps produce more insulin reducing blood sugar, and signaling to the brain there is food in the stomach, which helps decrease appetite and cravings. This helps you to make more consistent choices that are aligned with your goals and needs.
Benefits from using Semaglutide:
- Blood sugar-lowering effects without any increase in hypoglycemia
- Reduced body weight, lipids, blood pressure, inflammatory markers, oxidative stress, endothelial dysfunction, and subclinical atherosclerosis
- Improved body composition
- Suppressed appetite
- Deescalates out of control glucagon levels, both in fasting and after eating
- Promotes insulin secretion from b cells, while decreasing glucagon secretion in the pancreas
- Promotes a sensation of fullness in the brain
- Slows gastric emptying in the intestines to help feel fuller, longer
- Reduces HbA1c
- Weight loss